Friday, October 22, 2010

Introducing Sophie Claire!!

Sweet Sophie is here!  She was born October 5th at 1:56 pm, weighing 6 lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches!  She came two days before her due date and I went into labor on my own!  woohoo!!  I went into labor at about 5am on the 5th and we got to the hospital around 9am...5 hours later look who we got to meet!
 This is my midwife, Machel Knowles.  She was amazing, I seriously would recommend her to anyone.  She was so great and I will definitely be keeping her around!
 Sophie is the sweetest little thing EVER!  She is sleeping through the night and has been since she was 2 days old {knock on wood}!  She is quite the little eater and has already gained almost an entire pound in her first 2 weeks of life...her pediatrician hopes she won't continue at this rate...so do I. :)

Seriously how sweet is she?!  I know I am her mom, but you have to admit she is cute!  We are so in love with her and Brock is such a good big brother to his "baby Sopie".  I have tons of other pictures that I tried posting, but my computer hates me today.  Hopefully I can post some more soon!
Welcome Little Sophie!  We love you!!!

12 comments:

amy said...

Yes, I will have to agree with you...she is PRECIOUS and BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats to you guys! What a priceless time with a newborn. luv ya!

Lucie Gibbons said...

She IS the sweetest little thing!!!
We ALL love her and are so grateful she's here safe. AND her Daddy did great too - let's not forget that little thing. Megs, you were an angel. Always remember what made Aubrea start to cry - your sweet angelic face as you were pushing (sorry if that was TMI for bogging readers). xoxo Mimi

Lucie Gibbons said...

She IS the sweetest little thing!!!
We ALL love her and are so grateful she's here safe. AND her Daddy did great too - let's not forget that little thing. Megs, you were an angel. Always remember what made Aubrea start to cry - your sweet angelic face as you were pushing (sorry if that was TMI for bogging readers). xoxo Mimi

Aunt Tiff said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Love her name!! Congrats to you guys!!

Brook said...

She is so precious, can't wait to hold and kiss on her! Love you!!
PS-I love her yellow outfit!

anoyce said...

She is so beautiful! I'm so happy you were able to go with a midwife this time like you wanted. I hope the labor went smoothly and that you're feeling well. And, how lucky are you! Sophie is sleeping through the night already!? How wonderful! I bet that helps to catch up on sleep - at least for now! Congrats to you all!

Anonymous said...

Megan - she is an angel! Congrats!!

Brittany Roscheck said...

Oh how sweet! She is darling.

The Cox Crew said...

So sweet! I love the name, our favorite name for our first (if she was a girl) was Claire. So cute. Congratulations!

The Terry's said...

So precious! Makes me so excited for our little girl to arrive. Hope the whole adjusting to a newborn life is going well. Although, you've done it before you're pro now right? :) Love you cuz and congrats to your sweet fam!

Tyson and Marie said...

Congratulations!!! What a BEAUTIFUL little girl! We can't wait to meet her! I hope everything is going well. Keep in touch!

Sarah said...

She is so tiny! My 4 month old just became a giant! Congrats! Hope things are going well with 2. She is precious.