Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Cake

I had the pleasure of doing a wedding cake for a cute couple who got married this week in the Bountiful Temple!  When she brought me her color swatches for the cake I was surprised at how bright of colors she had chosen, but they are such a bright and fun couple so it totally fit them.  This cake was a lot of fun and I am also doing her twin sister's wedding cake too...in two weeks!  Can you believe it, twin sisters getting married two weeks apart!  Watch out Michael and Jenny!  Luke of course helped me deliver the cake and he has a new appreciation for his dad that delivered wedding cakes for his mom for 25 years...it's a heavy and stressful job!  I'm very grateful for his help and support.  I get to start learning the "Mrs. Flinders" cakes (from Mrs. Flinders herself) in the next couple of weeks, so wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Castleberry Photography said...

good job! that looks great! So fun you are doing wedding cakes.

Haylee said...

Wow!! Great job!! That is beautiful!!

Sarah said...

WOW! Look at you! I'm so impressed!! What happened to the little sister I knew that would follow us around? :) And your little girl has suddenly grown up fast!

Brooke said...

Amazing Megs! I heart it!

Chantale Christensen said...

This is gorgeous! I had no idea that you did wedding cakes. I've only tried fondant once and it was a pain in the butt. You're such a pro!