Luke and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary yesterday! So much has happened in only two years and time has just flown by! I feel so lucky to have Luke in my life and so grateful that we met almost 3 years ago...here's how it all happened: One day my mom got a call from one of her best friends Michelle Keddington who said she had a guy in her ward that she wanted to set me up with so she gave him my number. Of course this guy was Luke and he didn't realize that his mom had been talking to Michelle and asked her if she knew any cute girls to set Luke up with cause he had recently gotten out of a relationship. So when Michelle approached Luke about asking me out he wasn't too thrilled but decided to be a good neighbor and give me a call. When he called me to ask me out I was not excited to go on another blind date...they just don't work out! After turning him down 2 or 3 times I thought he would just stop calling but he was getting pressure from Michelle to be persistant so he decided to give it one last shot. We both gave in and decided to go out. We had gotten along really well over the phone but I was convinced it would still be a dumb date so I didn't even get ready and boy was I sorry when I opened my door to find Luke standing there in all his good looking glory. We hit it off from the very beginning of the date- I thought he was a jock and he thought I was crazy. It was a match! (I later found out that he was a hilarious and very sweet jock!) We first went to the Olive Garden with a few of his friends and at one point during dinner Luke left for a minute and one of the girls asked me how long Luke and I had been dating...she didn't believe me when I told her it was our first date! We went to hollywood connection but nothing was open so we just hung out and had fun anyway. After the date was over he brought me home and we talked in his car for hours. To secure a second date we picked a special ringtone for me on his phone so he would know when it was me calling to want to see him again. I think he was a little surprised when it was the next day! We were an instant couple and we were together almost every day since then and married in the temple 9 months later. The best part about all this isn't just that I got to marry my best friend (who I am extremely attracted to) but that we now have a little boy to share our love with. If someone asked me 5 years ago where I saw myself 5 years from then, I never could have imagined that my life would be this wonderful right now. I love my amazing husband, happy anniversary my true!!
7 comments:
Hooray for you two! Those pictures are gorgeous, it helps that the people in them are gorgeous! Happy Anniversary Megz!
Congrats you guys! You haven't changed a bit! Still just as beautiful!
I honestly got the chills when I read that! Such a precious love story! :) I am so happy for you guys!
Love it! I'm so happy you two found each other!
I LOVE hearing about how people met! Happy Anniversary!!!
That is such a cute story of how you met! Happy Anniversary to you two! Your GOWN is gorgeous! It was nice to "run" into you guys at the Temple 2 weeks ago!
Megz!! Happy anniversary a while ago. haha. I miss you so much!! How are you and your cute family doing? We should get together!
Post a Comment